Friday, October 10, 2008

Why do bad things happen to good people :(:(


DISCLAIMER read at your own risk...ranting ahead...

Now dont ask me " Hey Pre, what triggered you now?", the plain answer, nothing in particular. I was literally a hawk today, waiting for a prey to pounce upon and rip them apart. I for sure cannot explain this moronic attitude since morning, carping and hurting everyone around, perhaps got out on the wrong side of my bed. Mom comes with a gracious smile on her face, with a cup of brimming hot coffee, in my favorite coffee mug, I start bickering saying "there are two crystals of sugar more and one and half specks of nescafe lesser than usual, and it very much tastes like the beige coloured liquid I drain into my throat directly back in hostel". She stands there totally unperturbed and says in a very polite tone "shall I make a new cup?" (her usual response would have been "let me taste your hand made coffee and see which one tastes better ", but ten days of separation seems to have an emotional softness in her, good for me ).

Some stupid future-WIPROmate of mine comes into gchat and tells me stuff like "they will never call, we are now doom's best friend, I saw a donkey screwing a monkey photographed by a cow.." and I, unusual of me, believe every single crap she tells me and start worrying over it and show all the frustration on the ones who share this roof with me.


Then my friend in US sits in his university till twelve am doing research work, then after reaching home gives me a call at two a.m and I freak out at him too :( over literally nothing. I don't even have the least sense that I should at least try to be human, forget being polite, to a person who feels like speaking to me at an odd hour , after a totally stressful day, just to hear a kind and warm goodnight . If you are reading this S, am really so sorry...

I suspect the following to be the reasons to have given rise to the "Bellicose Preeti" :

1. WIPRO calling in Jan. SO am absolutely jobless till then and somehow have taken snubbing and biting people around as a means to kill time.

2. Stuff all over orkut that WIPRO might not even call in Jan, intimidating me further about my already bleak future. So a humble request to people to stop spreading rumours like this which affects the weaklings like me. HMPH.

3. Not using time at hand properly, not studying for CAT and perhaps the guilt factor takes this freaky form and explodes.

4. Not realising this is the best, irreversible part of my lifetime I get to spend with my family after four long years of hostel life.

5. Not realising in the least that time is the best healer, and that one fine day, I'll be sitting in an armchair with my grand daughter on my lap in a wooden armchair and telling her how mean a person I was during my testing times, rocking her back and forth to sleep.(well.. that's too much into the future... but cant help it man... am a typical sagittarean).

OK, in short, I repent of my intemporate behaviour today and solemnly swear to be a far better person tomorrow and henceforth and will make it up for this day somehow.

13 comments:

Kartz said...

"... I saw a donkey screwing a monkey photographed by a cow.."
--- :D Rotfl... Imagination!

"... affect the weaklings like me."
--- :P only the fittest survive

"I solemnly swear to be a far better person tomorrow and henceforth."
--- :P

'Kal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab;
Pal mein parley hoyegi, bahuri karega kab?'

Peace.

Anil Sawan said...

its true that IT is suffering, but that doesnt mean that all our engineers would luk for another job. The so called firing spree by IT firms like wipro and sathyam are fake. ofcourse they have fired - 80% of their contract employees who were hired for specific projects. Havnt heard of too much firing in direct employees. so chill.. and waiting for an employment doesnt actually mean that u cant luk for a beter employer! u already hava job at hand. its the best time to hunt for another! :-) make ur free time worthy and flirt with all those job portals!

Anonymous said...

Happens to the best!! :D
I waited for 6 months to join and then it was not even recession period...I used it optimistically to put on weight and burn the night lamp watching romantic movies...chill, WIPRO is gonna call you (else ya, you can bite them!! :P)...Anticipate to celebrate the coming new yr as you get ready to enter the big bad world of rat race called corporate life!! Lots of unreal bugs to be faced then...this is after all life, so real!! Enjoy it with your family and friends!! And avoid those who spend time seeing a donkey do "monkey tricks"!! :D

Vignesh C said...

Dont worry! Mind is a mad monkey.. U ll be filled with enthu one day and disappointment the other! It always happens :)

Enjoy now!

Black Panther said...

You wanna brighten up?

Close your eyes. (would help if closed after reading this)

Imagine a nice plump monkey.

Imagine a good-looking donkey.

Imagine the act.

Be the cow :)

Enjoy the time :) Corporate life or the so called "Life in US"...all the same. They suck big time.

Preeti said...

@Kartz
hmph. why do you laugh at my getting-better-tomorrow statement??? after all, Kabir da mera hamesha saath denge :):)

@sawan
I have been doing exactly that since June. But cant expect a good job with a good offer now, with all this credit crisis going on. Anyways, will keep trying :) thanks :)

@sreeram
You made me laugh again dude :)cheers :)

@vig
hmmm.. wish it were a controllable monkey!!! cheers :)

@shanker
I cannot expect a better way of saying cheer up :) thanks :)

@All
err.. please remove the donkey monkey and cow thingy from your memories :)

Cess said...

'mistake confess half forgiven' it s a bad translation of a French quote, but the fact that u are aware of ur 'temporarily intemperate behavior ' is a pretty good sign, some does not want to acknowledge it! Anyway everybody has been more or less crazy during their exam, i m an Aquarius and my god u don t wanna be around when i m under pressure :)
Cheers
C.

Priya Joyce said...

Ah! now I can only say
"ye jeevan ha ..iss jeevan ka..yahi hai yahi hai yahi hai rang roop"

so try to steal happiness frm such moments.

Preeti said...

@Cess
awwww.... feeling loads better Cess. thanks for dropping in and saying nice words. cheers :)

Preeti said...

@PJ
yup PJ. thanks :) cheers :)

Unknown said...

Hey hey...wasn't all this too much for nothing???

Preeti said...

@viju
true re, nothing seemed nothing only a couple of days after i posted this :)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.