Thursday, October 23, 2008

'train' of thoughts...

I always prefer travelling in second class day trains. That is where I get a flavour of all the spices garnishing India. In a gutsy attempt to just marvel at nature, observe things and people around me completely, I carried none of my usual companions along (music, books, LAYS, bricks video game, sudoku).

Now can I get luckier than this, the reservation chart reads
S Preeti F 21
Srivatsan M 25

Wow that is some news. I sit waiting for Sri (lazy to type vatsan along,oops i just typed , aww forget it:)) and he boards twenty minutes later. He is Tall and Dark (according to me a guy who is Tall + Dark = HHH (Handsome and Happening Hunk)). Unfortunately he turns out to be way too shy, deliberately makes a fuss of not even accidentally brushing against me and maintains a safe distance of 3 inches (I wonder how he balanced himself as he was in the 'away' seat and was literally fighting gravity). I felt like telling him "dude I am not gonna rape you. Please feel safe". He opened his laptop and plugged in earphones and was seeing DDLJ, thats my favorite movie (Shah rukh and Kajol look magical) and even though I have seen it 59 times, I wont miss a scene when given a chance. So I keep sneaking looks at his laptop, hoping soon enough he would somehow mind read me and share his earphone. "Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", a ear splitting sound from
a wailing infant. Wait. Its not an infant, its a girl, no wait, a child...ok, its from an earthling in the age group of 1.5-3 :):) I seriously feel such kids have a pitch higher than Parveen Sultana and would reach professional pinnacles when into classical singing. I wonder why they wail? Perhaps they too want a glimpse of the "ruk jaa oh dil deewane" song from the laptop :) Or want to just get free from the mother shackles and roll around. Or are too wet already. Or What ever. In essence, a wailing infant next to you is definitely not fun.


I then got distracted to supposedly discreet giggles of two teenage girls. A part of the eavesdropped conversation:

G1: You know my boyfriend never finds fault in me, including the two pimples on my lower half of left cheek *freaking hell*

G2: soooo romantic... wish I had one like that. But my guy really likes my hair cut, especially the two strands slapping my face every now and then... *oww stop this mushy gooey shit will you*

This topic was definitely not of my interest so turned towards the middle aged aunty next to me. Now that I have used the word 'aunty' , thats the word I wanna screw out of the dictionary. In my sister's parent teacher meeting, one female came upto me and asked,"aunty, which standard is your kid in? 11th or 12th?", my vocabulary fell short of all the swear words I knew. And I get further kindled when they pronounce aunty as 'anti' Come on you nutties out there, I am just 21. Please try to notice that somehow. Now lets get back to the real aunty in the train :) she was throwing a threatening look at her husband (probably) seated opposite to her who was smoking perhaps the 15th cigarette in one hour. I am not against smokers as such its their personal life and none of my bloody business to ask them to wean away from cigarettes. But would really feel good if they did controlled smoking and felt the cigarette telling them " hey you, I am cinders in a few minutes, but you will follow suit soon buddy, catch you later ".


Was too tired of observation by now, and fell into a beautiful sleep ( did I hear anyone saying thank god :), and by the way yeah I did dream of HHH:))

39 comments:

Black Panther said...

Hmmm. Interesting :)

Unknown said...

very well written...u have a knack for this kind of writing which is real life and very very down to earth...hope some of it rubs on to me too...:)

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

gawwd!!! guy watching DDLJ on train which is like the baap of romantics movies on rail & doesn't notice u ?? was he gay??
u had it easier , a kid once called me aunty when i was in cls 11 , believe me i dont look like one , not then not now.!!!

Preeti said...

@shanker
hmmm. thanks :)

@palani
oh oh oh.. I got a big floating head now :) thanks dude :)

@amrita
arre yaar, I think he was too conscious of his surroundings, or alreay had a gf, or as you said gay :):) more than the guy, I missed DDLJ :)
You poor thing.. lets start an Anti-Aunty-Nomenclature committee right away :)

Yogu said...

the thing is atleast u could hav started speakin somethin to him...
its not that he s gay or he s havin a gf..he wants to show himself as gentlemen ,thats d prob.i really pity that guy,pavam he must hav acted as if he was seein ddlj but i think he must be thinkin abt...


the best thing abt day trains esp is the food that we get ,aiyaaa chance ye illa..

Anil Sawan said...

did the HHH finally share his earphones?

Suresh Kumar said...

Its fun watching all the people in the train and viewing them like cartoon characters or characters from a funny sitcom.

Good One :)

Priya Joyce said...

hey gal was this ur recent?

wow supaa cool post...I had ma first train crush in class 7..on a college guy..lol

I loved the post and also the blog song..i luv it very much....frm the tym I've heard it..but couldn't find on imeem ..
niways write sum mpre posts like this re...

Lucifer said...

u kno one of my fren met her hubby durin a train journey...so u shud have given more attention to dat HHH

Keshi said...

Nice relaxed random post :)


LOL @I seriously feel such kids have a pitch higher than Parveen Sultana!


**G1: You know my boyfriend never finds fault in me, including the two pimples on my lower half of left cheek *freaking hell*

**G2: soooo romantic... wish I had one like that. But my guy really likes my hair cut, especially the two strands slapping my face every now and then... *oww stop this mushy gooey shit will you*


OMG I hate talk like that...too mushy for my system!

*pukes violently*


Keshi.

Richa said...

lolz :D

Anonymous said...

was the HHH shy in your dream too?

Krish Prasad said...

did d HHH share his earphones wit u atleast in ur dreamz ?!?!?

Mana said...

HHH What's the matter, gal ? ;)

Unknown said...

hi dear friend,
how r u?
ur blog is very nice...
pls visit my blog for great information..

http://spicygadget.blogspot.com/

http://www.techtrance.net/

thank you dear

Happy Diwali in Advance...
enjoy the festival with happiness..

take care..

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

Dark, tall guys are handsome?? wow you got some crazy tastes. People call em zombies. wonder why you like em....and i would rather pull his ear phones out, swirl it around his neck and kill him for seeing that stupid movie. 59 times and you are as good as lallu prasad yadav! BOY!!

Good write up though. Enjoyed it very much :)

and by the way I am fair and tall. What do you term such guys? :D :D

Preeti said...

@yoganand
hi welcome here :) yeah I did try to drag the conversation, but he was not interested. I am okay with guys being gentlemen, but the thing is he was overdoing things. saying sorry that the whole train could hear when accidentally touched, being over cautious to maintain physical distance.. yuck.. HHH behave yourself :):)

Preeti said...

@sawan
nahin yaar :) but its all right :) lots of train journeys to go in my life yet :):)

Preeti said...

@suresh kumar
hi welcome here :) hmm true fun:) thanks :) cheers :)

Preeti said...

@PJ
glad that you liked the post and whigfield :) whoa 7th grade huh?? cool man... way to go :):)will keep writing as long as you keep reading :):)

Preeti said...

@mayz
oh really?? thats super cool. Sure thing buddy. will look forward to trains like never before. who knows kuch bhi ho saktha hai :):)thanks mayz :)

Preeti said...

@keshi
thanks keshi. Loved your recent post too :) one of the best :)

Preeti said...

@richa
:D good that you found it funny :):)

@chriz
err.. I remember dreaming abt HHH and the rest is CENSOR :) lemme get wild in dreams atleast :):)thanks chriz :)

Preeti said...

@krish
we shared better things LOL :):)

Preeti said...

@manasa
haha, nothing serious :) thanks for visiting :)

@sachin
thanks for visiting ;) will drop by yours soon. shubh diwali to you too :)

Preeti said...

@twisted elegance
dunno why i like dark tall guys :) ever since childhood :) and laloo, I somehow like that man too :) thanks for the sweet comparison :):)
tall
you are accepted :)
fair
urgh..please be in the waiting list :):):)

thanks for visiting:) cheers :)

vanilla sky said...

ohh yes! I too check out the reservation charts before boarding trains in hope ...but alas! I'm not blessed like you :(

Trinaa said...

//I felt like telling him "dude I am not gonna rape you. Please feel safe".
..ROFL!!

Preeti said...

@vanilla
hehe :) hope you get lucky henceforth dudette :)

@trinaa
welcome :)you are brolled :)

Karthik said...

I felt like telling him "dude I am not gonna rape you. Please feel safe".

Lol I have to admit I have a soft spot in my heart for those who gently mock the left; and no one does it better than u... Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel..

A sense of humor, then, is the possession of the thinking half, and the humorists must be classified at once with the thinkers.

U r (at ur) best!!!

Preeti said...

@karthik
hey, thanks for such sweet words. made me really happy :) glad ppl out there like my sense of humor :):)

Anonymous said...

Haha...I got one word for you..."Desperate"!! :P what else didja think?? ;)
lolz...that guy, I pity him... :D
I am always unlucky when it comes to train travels...I travelled daytime to Bangalore yesterday noon and there was a fat once-upon-a-time-dude next to me...on the other side was a mom with her 6-8month old kid...!! :( There was a gal in red...and she spoke English in a British accent...I bet she wouldn't have worn those trousers if this was London...sigh!
Worst part about her was she slept all 6 hours...I helped her with her luggage though!! ;)

Loved the post!! :D

Preeti said...

@sreeram
yeah. am a proud despo. big deal :):) and I pray you get into company of talkative aunties, wailing kids, 70 yr old grandpas to bug you with current affairs :):) luggage helper huh? she saved on a porter :):)
thanks buddy!!! and yeah, finally I bought One night@ call center. don ask me abt the book. will review abt it sometime later :)

S said...

seems u do travel a lot.. same here... second class day trains , Express ones.. are really good.. u do get to meet a lot of ppl..

whenever you find time try out the passenger trains... i've had wonderful journeys travelling in them in TN and Kerala.... and it's the best way to cherish the colours of the country...!!

--I felt like telling him "dude I am not gonna rape you. Please feel safe".-- really N joyed that..!!

Cheers..!!
S

Preeti said...

@s
yeah TN passengers are fun.will travel thru the kerala ones. and karnataka, i don like much :)cheers dude !!:)

Kartz said...

Ah... Wonderful write-up buddy..! Keep at it...

Preeti said...

@kartz
thanks mate :)

Praveen said...

gr8 to see a similarly titled post:D
gr8 minds think alike..hehehe

anyway..tht Gal1 gal2 conversation was so disgusting..I have heard these kinda stuff many times and I feel like kicking their Bs...

and in the end wat happnd to the shy sri?

Preeti said...

@praveen
next time dont FEEL like kicking... get into action :):)
I slept off and he went off :):) sigh!!life is an irony:)