Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tagged :):)

I am back :) And what-a-way to start off . I open my gmail to find that Revs has tagged me :) My first ever tag and I loved doing it. Thanks Revs :):)

The tag:
Two questions in each category answer them and then tag your friends from the blog-o-sphere. (Simple enough right) Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and you are all set.
So here I go... My thoughts unleashed...

Yesterday
Your oldest memories


1. On a serious note...

Date : 16th Dec 1992
Place : Apollo Hospital

I was in the first standard then , carrying an overflowing satchel balanced precariously on my shoulders, two tiny plaits of hair which no longer looked neat and hairs stuck out at random (nowadays, its fashion and people call it 'spikes', but those times, you are bound to get a what-a-sick-girl look from beholders), black shoes covered effortlessly by a thin film of dust, the red tie threatening to fall off my neck any minute, there I stand, clutching my perimma (mom's elder sister) tight, looking through the glass door of the ICU (the nurse wont let us in due to the risk of infection,I did not know what 'infection' meant then), looking at the tiny bundle battling for life, barely visible under the plethora of translucent tubes covering her body,carrying fluids and oxygen, monitoring every single evanescent moment. I look on, hoping to cuddle her, play with her, kiss her and everyday got snapped out of my reverie by the nurses saying "visiting hours are over, please come tomorrow". It was ten dreadful days of struggle in the ICU even before my mother saw her. Alas, she won, life won, we won, my sister came home. Priya, I love you very much. Dont you dare scare us this way ever.

2. On the lighter side...

Place: Maninagar, Gujarat
Date: sometime in June 1993

Dad got transferred to Gujarat. Approached Hebron's school for my admission in second standard.

Dad: Good morning Madam, I am here regarding my daughter's admission in second standard. I know it has been closed, but please do consider as a special case.

HM: Yes sir, I understand but there are no seats available. All seats are full.

Me (innocent yet shrewd): Madam, no problem, I will sit on the floor.

The HM got impressed and gave me admission. My father was boasting about my 'cleverness' and presence of mind. How wrong he was!!!
I sucked at maths. Doing a math problem wrong is perfectly okay, not attending a problem is fine, sleeping away during maths exams is also not-that-bad, but making paper boats of the math question paper the moment I get it is way too much for the teachers to bear :) Somehow, I used to do that only with maths question paper. Then how I got promoted to third standard is a SECRET sshhhh.....

What were you doing ten years ago?
I just entered seventh grade in Trichy ( South India) from Goa. Total cultural difference. Had a real tough time making friends, adjusting to the scorching unrelenting heat, and school timings. Here at Trichy we had school from 8 am to 4 pm. In Goa, they could not hold us in for more than 1 pm. Hindi grammar- I HATE YOU. Tr.Janaki- I dont like you much either :):) Today, all my seventh grade buddies are my closest friends :) sharing silly things, giggling over nothing and swaering at each other for not mailing, calling etc..

Today
Your first thought in the morning
"hmmmm... wonderful smell.. wonder what's mom cooking for breakfast :)", poor soul, she has to use nice smelling breakfast as bait to wake me up :) while in college a few months back my first words "f#$% off you alarm" :)



If you build a time capsule what would it contain?
ever lasting supplies of food, my favorite novels, tinkle, sudoku, good coffee atleast twice a day and my good old scabby. Here's how scabby looks like:


Tomorrow
This year...
contained eveything, both ups and downs, completed my final year project successfully,Priya joined boarding school (you cant expect decent schools here, at this place, which is 30 yrs behind civilisation), my friends left for further studies, quality time with near and dear friends and relatives, I turned into a blog-addict *proud grin* :):) That is all I can think of.

What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?
I would be 35 then, having an couple of kids ( hopefully twins :)), one husband(!!!), possibly blogging and reading and enjoying life :):)

I tag:

Ram

Kartz

Keshi (if you ve not already done this )

Sreeram (muhahahahaha)

Richa (get started:))

Vanilla

and anyone else who is interested in taking this up :):)

24 comments:

Revs said...

one husband a????
Adi paavi!! :D
Sh***er you listening dude?? better stay put in Texas!! :D
and THANK god u put up scabby's photo. if u had put up Somu's i would have puked all over my keyboard. oh BTW i saw Somu in Leena's house and just be grateful that i didnt throw the bugger out on the street. personally i think Leena can hang Somu outside her house as dhrishti bommai!! :P
Nice post preeeeeeeeeeethi!!
Thanks for doing the tag!! :)

Preeti said...

unakku poraama :) MY SOMU IS THE BEST :):) ek laajavaab Somu ki shaan tum kya jano Revathiiii :D Leena wont dare do such a thing in case she needs certain things in certain places, without damage or disturbance :):) I pray Leena doesn read this :)
My pleasure Revs :)

Kartz said...

Me generally don't do tags re... Rare... May be ll do this on a later date.

Ve been on a tag rejection spree. :P But well, this is a bit different from the ones I was asked to do. Lets c... ;)

How was ur vacation?

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

hahahaha I really really enjoyed that Ms. Preeti. Happa really made me smile. After reading so many serious blogs and books today, this was like a breath of fresh air :)
Ill follow your blog from now on..
Keep writing and God bless!

Black Panther said...

hmmm. so you've been atrocious all life and plan to be so for the rest of life. good :p

Preeti said...

@kartz
koi baath nahin :) vacation-soooper :):)

@twisted elegance
thankyou :) glad it helped you lighten up :) thanks for brolling too :)

@shanker
yeah :) enna thirutha mudiyaadhu :P:P

Lucifer said...

this is a really nice tag n very well done too...

btw one husband??

Preeti said...

@mayz
then do take up this tag :)waiting to read :) and yaar,coming to husband, kehne mein kya harz hai ??:D

Anonymous said...

Aww..Seriously the serious note was touchy!! Was she born premature?
Lolz..did you sit on the floor or HM's lap?? Every dad thinks his daughter is intelligent and every mom thinks the same about her son...I was never intelligent in all my years of existence! :P
You meant "Switch off the alarm" I hope!! :)
Scabby looks like Scooby...same to same kya?
Twins...wow...think about it, hojaayenge!! :D BTW, someone has predicted "quadruples" for me...I need to find that astrologer, and set things straight!!! :P
Thanks for the tag...Been a long time!! :D
Loved this one, as usual! :)

Preeti said...

nahin yaar, her heartbeat rate was erratic,so took time to stabilise it. We never discuss it, so I myself dunno much details abt it :)

Sree, its IMPOSSIBLE for the likes of us to be intellignet, see I couldn even get the spelling right :):)

and hey not bad, HM s lap huh? will ask my dad and let you know :):)

Bingo, I did mean switch off the alarm :)

Scabby is smarter than Scooby :)

and thinking gives twins?? Didn know it was that simple yaar :)
Waiting for the day you deliver quadruples, I mean your better half :D

Always my pleasure :) waiting for your completed tag :)

and how can i forget, CHEERS :D:)

Keshi said...

Very sweet tag! And u did it so beautifully Preeti. And WB too! :)


**"f#$% off you alarm"

u sound so like me LOL!



**I would be 35 then, having an couple of kids ( hopefully twins :)), one husband(!!!), possibly blogging and reading and enjoying life :):)


aww how sweet! Here's wishing that all ur dreams will come true HUGS!


u tagged me yeyyyy! This wud be my 150th tag in the queue..lol I hv that many tags to do yes! But I love this one and I will do it soon. tnxx hun MWAH!

Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

this was such a beautiful tag dear...

loved to read it ..so well written..i felt tat I was in there...
hey ur sis' name is priya..wow
:)

Anonymous said...

Ur writing style s gud... Very beutiful tag Preti.. One husband(!!!!) Lolz!!!

Karthik said...

I would be 35 then, having an couple of kids ( hopefully twins :)), one husband(!!!), possibly blogging and reading and enjoying life :):)

Superb lines!! Ur writing style s fantabulous!!!

Preeti said...

@keshi
Very sweet tag! And u did it so beautifully Preeti. And WB too! :)

thanks a lot Keshi

**"f#$% off you alarm"

u sound so like me LOL!

hehehe.. great minds think alike :)

aww how sweet! Here's wishing that all ur dreams will come true HUGS!

thanks for all your good wishes and yeah do the tag leisurely, no hurry :) I really enjoyed doing it so sent it to the likes like me :):)

Preeti said...

@PJ
thanks a lot buddy :) take up the tag if you feel like doing it :):)

@apu
welcome here :) thanks for visiting :)

@karthik
Thanks for visiting :) good to know from you guys that I got something called 'writing style' :):)

Keshi said...

Im sure I'll enjoy doing it too..I love some of the tags - they make me think alot abt my life...and I discover me :)

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by.. lovely tag.. great memories.. i was like omg, how can an alarm practically do such a thing? then i dint allow my brain to think so much on that issue..
but sure thingie. this tag will be stolen.. ill be doing it.. will publish it on tuesday..
have a good day
cheers

Preeti said...

@keshi
yup buddy :) good that we reveal ourselves to us many times :) cheers :)

@chirz
thanks for visiting :) will check out your thoughts on tuesday :) and err.. yeah , alarm clock, good thing you had a leash on your thoughts :):)

vanilla sky said...

nicely done :)
will do it soon

Preeti said...

@vanilla
yeah. waiting to read :) thanks :)

S said...

which is that place which is 30 years behind civilisation..??

Preeti said...

I am basically in trichy, but my dad got transferred to Tarikere ( 236 km from bangalore) which is not my type sort of place. :)

S said...

Trichy.. U mean Tiruchirappalli... rock city.. oh boy boy...My Native's close by...Same pinchy...

Yaay..!! Trichy Rocks..!!