Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bommu :)

Well, after reading my good old friend Revs' (good- since she is MY friend,she is good. old- well, she is forty years old and still blogging:P, i know Revs if you are reading this now, your eyeballs would have pitched onto the keyboard and darted to the monitor and you'd be saying,"bull shit man.. sheni.." but as usual I dont care :/) post about Ganguly ( well he is our only male companion in ladies' hostel, he has got four legs, a baby pink tongue that does not drool over the place much, and amazingly dark hazelnut brilliant eyes), I am encouraged to write about our EEE dept star, so presenting to you BOMMU:)

Yeah, my peanut sized brain christened her with this name. But she seems pretty happy about my total lack of creativity of names and acknowledges when called Bommu:). We have shared many special moments and we came really close to each other ( ahem, have a leash on your thoughts :)) after this paticular incident.
Second semester. Post lunch. For once mess food tasted like food. I mean i could make out sambhar and rasam and poriyal apart. Lovely non-sultry weather with a hint of rain. Had to attend class as I had just 46% attendance in Circuit theory,handled by one Ms.XYZ. I was late for the class,hence all the last benches were already swarming, so had to be okay front ones. Dozed away to glory. After what seemed an eternity, was woken up suddenly and the conversation between Ms XYZ(handler of Circuit Theory) and me went like:

Ms.XYZ : IF YOU WANNA SLEEP, PLEASE GO OUT AND SLEEP. DONT DISTURB THE CLASS WITH YOUR LOUD SNORES.

ME : Was feeling terribly guilty not of sleeping, but of snoring. Came as a crude shock to me that I snore in my sleep after 18 years of revolving the sun!! My sister, my room sharer at home never once complained. Had a confused feeling of admiration and anger towards her. I just stood up meekly and looked very sorry didn have to sham because i was sorry for the ulterior discovery of me,snoring like a trumpet!.

Ms.XYZ : Cant you hear me, please get out and dont disturb the class by wasting my time. (somehow she had the feeling that the rest of the class were really longing for her tirade and that they were missing out on something great..like..like.. a free trip to Europe!!)

ME: Ma'am, I am ..I am..

Thankfully I was not audible and my friend next to me grabbed me to my seat and said she was talking to BOMMU who was sleeping beneath my bench !!!! In my nervousness, I didnt notice that the whole class was in fits of laughter:) Bommu didnot budge
She continued her beauty sleep and Ms.XYZ walked out. Obviously we started worshipping Bommu from then.

Bommu loves
*to be a part of every photograph, but never poses properly
* home chapathis( she'll sulk and eat the canteen ones and sulk a bit more bitterly and eat the ladies' hostel chapathis, but would say a firm no to boys' hostel ones :))
* cake ( she will not eat a piece as a whole but only lick the cream off the cardboard underneath a cake )
*parle G and tender coconut juice.

Bommu hates
* us leaving to canteen for lunch, leaving her behind
* LAYS
* being disturbed in sleep
* coffee
* we leaving for home or hostel after college.

This is Bommu for you in class :)



Bommu at her lazy best. Notice how she places her hind legs(erm , I think thats what the two legs at the back are called, not too sure:))


Bommu guarding my friend's boat size slippers. Not that they need to be guarded, still, the point here is , she feels proud of doing her job perfectly and never takes chances :)


I wish we could all arrange a 'formal' marriage between Bommu and Ganguly. What say???

31 comments:

Unknown said...

hey really kewl d..
appo naan enga irundean..
indha matter enaku theriyadhae..

Preeti said...

@nethra
when have you attended college after lunch de? :P You will be nicely settled in your room, watching movies :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!! :)
Bommy kutti!!
but HUMPH!!
i am not giving Ganguly's hand in marriage to such a lazy bum. no way!! :P
and old????????????????????
did i just hear u call me old????????????????????!!!

Et tu est Preethi then falleth Revs!! :(:(

Unknown said...

hilarious..u are good at stand up comedy...:)

Kartz said...

:D Hilarious..! :)

I wonder wht'd ve happened if your teacher had heard ur "I am..." :)

Peace.

Preeti said...

@revs
huh i see, opposites attract, not good if both are 'hyperactive' :P well...this is gettin us somewhere :) so CENSOR :):)

@ram
thanks a lot :) nice to hear nice things abt me :) very rare you see:)

@kartz
simple, I would ve had to score an ounce more than the magic number 36/80 in my semester exams. Since internals to gayi bhaad mein :)

Anonymous said...

Bommu seems to be an absolute darling :)
and such chunnu-munnu kind of names only come in mind seeing such sweet beings

Josna said...

ya di i remember bommu very well... but surprising i never came to know abt this incident.. wud hav laughed my heads off otherwise....

Preeti said...

@vanilla
yeah he is an angel:) chunnu-munnu? actually those are nice names for her progenies :) thanks buddy :)

@josna
ask shanmu abt the incident.She ll give you a complete picture till you start regretting for having asked her :P How will you know it, you would ve been busy dreaming in the other section :)

Priya Joyce said...

wow! lolz bommu kewl yaar
lovely

wat can I say it was hilarious lolz

Hemanth Potluri said...

lolz....heheh he is kewl..:)..

urs..hemu.

Unknown said...

hey preet...i know the spl reason behind u liking bommu.. and guys.. believe me.. she likes bommu so much that she christened herself in my mobile as bommu kutti:-)great job dear..

Richa said...

Bommu Sounds such a sweetheart!!

Preeti said...

@priya
thanks for visiting priya. Your display pic reminds me of my sister Priya. God, I miss her :(

@hemanth
yeah.. thanks for visiting :)

@leena
OH MY GOD. cant believe my lazy roommate has dropped in and even commented. Thanks Le :)

@Richa
Yeah Richa. Bommu ke to sabhi deewane hain :)

Anonymous said...

I really wonder what so many people liked about this. Total wastage of time and space, writing about dogs. Who cares if you got a dog for a pet or not ?

Sameera Ansari said...

Awww!Bommu is so cute,just like his name :)

Black Panther said...

Sweet memories. She always ruined the short supposedly private meetings I had with my gf :) Bommu would butt her way in and sit between us on the corridor.

And Mr./Ms. Anon, who cares about your comment :P

Preeti said...

@anonymous
I really appreciate your barefaced temerity.I would have appreciated further if you had revealed your identity and been frank abt that too :) anyways, thanks for visiting :) I am open to such satire always from you :)

Preeti said...

@sameera
hey thanks for visiting:) bommu rocks :)

@black panther
well so wat??? Bommu first, gf next :P
and thanks for the support :)

Unknown said...

@anonymous..

a dog is a dog to some ppl(like u) and a good companion for others(like the author of this post)

while u are entitled to ur freedom of though/speech so is the author..so dont try to stifle thoughts just because u dont subscribe to them..one man's meat is another man's poison..remember?

Kartz said...

@anonymous (he/she/it)

You just wasted this space with your crap... And if you are so concerned about someone else wasting time/space etc; you could have revealed your identity... We can 'learn' from your 'wonderful' weblogs (if you 'waste' the space too).

And well... This blogger is definitely not your amanuensis to write what you feel.

Preeti said...

@Ram and Kartz
hey anony, watch out, I got real cool friends :)

Vignesh C said...

Nice one! The dog was always in de class or in de dept! But we were seldom der! :)

Preeti said...

@Vignesh
Hey, finally, the silent visitor to my blog has commented :) thanks man :) erm.. the reason perhaps Bommu was always there might be because she can go to the corridor in the middle of any lecture..Blessed soul :)

Anonymous said...

Bommu is an Angel. The pair of slippers she is guarding ( in the pic) are mine...:)

Preeti is a devil...Those slippers are not boat-shaped!!! :(:(

Reminded of the way she ( guess who?!! ) had a go at the corners of a birthday cake box once :P

Preeti said...

@viji
when did you start wearing shanker's slippers ?:P
kuch to gadbad hai :)
and ya, I chopped you off in this pic. You looked dirty in front of our Bommu :P:):)

putta said...

Ya.. It used to sleep in our hostel.. It had travelled in our hosteller's bike.. It had ate one full birthday cake.. so nice dog.. I don lik the last line.. Why associatin Ganguly???

Preeti said...

@saravanan
I love Bommu and ganguly equally. We have named our ladies' hostel dog as Ganguly. Its not bad. Its a pride :)

Aditya said...

Haha!
nice post :)
esp the part where you think about all those 18 yrs of snoring ... :D

and Ms.XYZ sure is intelligent :P

Preeti said...

@Aditya
hi, welcome :) thanks :)

Vijayshryaln said...

ur doin a gr8 job yaar... i love ur writings..