Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cynical me.

Disturbed. Sleepless. Horrified. Innocent children. Traumatic survivors. Helpless parents. Solution? Not any that I can think of. Gun control? May be. How does one control the troubled and ill wired neuron system though? Thank you very much news updates. I know by heart the names of those who caused columbine, virginia tech, aurora, tucsan, wisconsin and newtown. You have made me cynical. All I do when I hear something disturbing is ,"o no, not yet again". I do nothing to the victims. I just know the number. Higher the number, greater the grief.
All I pray is, I dont want to be a part of this number. I dont want to die being a statistic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yup was really disturbed when i heard the news...why did he have to choose kids out of all the possible targets...real sicko

Meera said...

'Helpless' is the only word we can say for ourselves and the innocent victims. We could only hope that these things do not become a casual everyday affair.

Jack said...

Preeti,

It is really very sad state of affairs. No matter what laws are passed it is still human mind which deviates. In my thinking it is upbringing of a person that matters a lot. With all of us becoming materialistic who has time to devote to children to give them sound values base? And apart from that religion fanaticism is also there. We can just pray for God to be kind.

Take care

Pallav said...

Belated Happy New Year........