Saturday, July 25, 2009

Better read this mateys:):)

One of the best things you can find under my work table is the angelic abode of mosquitoes. Second best thing is they love me so much that they accompany me all the way home, to my bed, wash room and err.. well.. everywhere okay.. I really hate the dark skin of the night peeling off so soon every morning, but nowadays it really does’t matter since it is Preeti who wakes up the sleeping sun. I really don’t mind the mosquito bites I don’t feel anything ( yeah.. my skin is like George Bush, immune to everything and good for nothing J). I get rocked out of my beauty sleep when Mr Mosquito comes up to my ear and buzzes, “ Hey buddy , your veggie man chow soup tastes great!!, thanks for the wonderful dinner treat, see you tomorrow J”
Now I can hear you say this female is acting as though she is the sole sufferer of mosquito menace. That is exactly what I wish to say now ( ha.. finally !!). When we can “serve” mosquitoes without a choice, why cant we choose to “serve” humanity? Or have you always wanted to help and never knew whom what how when where thingies???


Click here for details about a wonderful community of youngsters, who provide sponsorship and mentor ship guidance for needy children. A mentor is one who needs to visit the child for just six hours a month ( location of child to be mentored will be near your home), take photo copies of mark sheets, give educational guidance and also moral support.
A sponsor needs to take care of the financial commitments of the child pertaining to education. A mentor is not advised to give money.
Best thing we can give them is what we claim not to have ever-size-zero: TIME, which needs to be given birth and streamlined, wholly having the leash in our hands:)
So, on your mark, get set, go :):)

5 comments:

Jack said...

Preeti,

Read 2 posts now. So nice of you to admit frankly that you failed on keeping in touch missing some sad as well as happy occassions. This post you started in a very light mode but inference drawn from it was a reality. We need to give time to the needy more than anything else. If one can spare time for someone it is like giving part of your life to that person. I too had written similar post on o3.indiatimes space long ago which I will transfer here soon.

Do visit me and let me have your views.

Take care

Nikhil Menon said...

Well well well.. Right now,my coll is mosquito free,atleast my hostel is.. :) Seems like they are all around you sis..Mosquitos and hot chicks are a deadly combo.. ;)

Take care n u better keep in touch.. :I

Nikhil

Sree said...

Next time, unko bagpiper wala khoon pilao...once they are tun, you can gun them down! ;)
Very noble post buddy! :)

Keshi said...

mozzies? ewww! They r so annoying.



**When we can “serve” mosquitoes without a choice, why cant we choose to “serve” humanity?

good one there :)



yes I agree...TIME is a very scarce and precious commodity!!! If we can give it to everyone in our life including strangers, that wud be so great.


Keshi.

Preeti said...

@jack
thanks for being a regular visitor !!:)

@multimenon
oye mister, I visit your page quite often.. dont tell me stay in touch.. beware preeti bites :):) cheers bro !!:)

@sree
my saathi for bagpiper not there :(:( chal anyways, three cheers to the noble cause :)

@keshi
thanks dearie :):)