Wednesday, July 29, 2009

AND the most charming personality award goes to...

Some 25 years down the memory lane...
Amma: Hey Meena, listen up... No need to go to office today. Get out of this salwar, Wear a saree and get lookable soon.
Meena: what's the dealio amma? why creating such a fuss all of a sudden? and I have an important meeting today. I cant take an off.
Amma: please do as I say.. Groom's people will be here in no time. Wont look good if they catch us argueing over nothing like this. ANyway, you are still not a baby, its high time I got you married.. You are twenty there.. the right age and marriage package for a girl. Now come on dont waste time dear.
Meena: Amma, I am not yet mentally prepared for the bondage, restrictions, family and of course sex. I need time amma.
Amma: Do you have someone else in mind dear? Do tell me frankly and boldly. Your choice will further lessen my tension adn responsibilities. I know, my daughter would have chosen the best of best for her guy.
Meena: amma, nothing like that. I have no time nor inclination towards love marriage. You mean the world to me and I know you will make the best choice for me.
Amma: then let today be the red letter day. Come dear, get ready.

Meena got ready, thinking to herself today is THE day for her. She made a mental note of questions to ask the groom and answers for imaginary questions. She decided not to wear any make up, as she was radiating beauty from within. She wanted her better half to sense this and like her for the Meena she is. She wore a simple rangachari cotton saree,deep maroon bordered with mustard yellow. She gave birth to beads of perspiration, the cause of which being trepidition, uncertainity and anticipation.She took deep breaths took the plate of snacks and filter coffee for Vikram, his parents and Vikram's brother in law. Vikram was a shy guy too and was just stealing looks at Meena when no one else noticed.He realised she is a fantasy, a reality, personification of perfection, beauty and power. She is the warrior in times of gloom and uncertainity. She is the absymal source of unadultereated love and comfort.She is the paradigm of womanhood. Meena however wanted to have a little chat with Vikram, alone. The parents agreed and they went out for a walk, a walk to remember..
Vikram: I am Vikram, Metallurgist from REC trichy. I like to play bridge and squash.I secretly have watched not-so-family types movies, I no longer do. I do not have any girfriends, but I do accept I had a crush on my only girl class mate, Suganthi. I do not drink but smoke rarely. I love my parents and my sister, now I love you.WIll you be mine forever?


Meena was a mixture of abashment, reverance and bliss by these frank confessions by a total stranger. She felt she could live her life fully, from the bottom of her heart if they get married. She felt the closeness and feeling of immense security creeping in.She gave her approval with a simple nod and a shy smile.They got married...Got two daughters.. One of whom never believes in love at all (forget love-at-first-sight), but still respects and cherishes their bond. That One is truly grateful to Vikram for choosing such a wonderful girl.. Who is my mother who rose along with the sun today,her birthday.. All I can say is , I am the most luckiest girl on earth to have her as my besttttt friend, my love , my life :):) Meena, you rock :). Happy birthday :)err.. dont we look great???

15 comments:

Celestial devil said...

An excellent proposal..:D
Yeah..you two look great

Karthik said...

You are Back?? :O OMG!! I thought you were lost and this Blogroll haven't updated anything :(

Karthik said...

Haapy Birthday ma!!

Ketan said...

A sweet post!

And a happy b'day to your mom! :)

TC.

Anonymous said...

MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF D DAY :-).....BEST WISHES 2 UR MAMMA....BTW, U SHLD THANK ME 4 REMINDING U....Hehehehheee...SID


Urs DGD(u cn decode it)

Anil Sawan said...

happy birthday mamma :)

oye but wer are the sweets?? u stil in bhilai??

Myra said...

Thats so sweet :)

And you two look GREAT!

Happy birthday Aunty!

saravana babu said...

mudiyalaya..
nice attorney of ur love

Jack said...

Preeti,

This is called Made for each other. Please convey MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY to her from my side.

Take care

PS : Looking for your visit.

Seetharaman Trichur Narayanan Iyer said...

Nice heartwarming post! :-)
Chanced upon this blog through Sowmini's and Lo! What do I find? That this is my college junior! :-)

Remember a chap called Sesha and his little project partner Seetha?? That's me :-)
U have one more regular reader from now on :-)

Preeti said...

@celestial devil
thanks a bunch dearie :):)

@karthik
always there, alive and kicking :)

@ketan :):)

@dgd
dah... love you so much :):)

@sawan
me back to bangy :):) good to see you back here

@vanilla
you rock dudette :):)

@saravana
chi pa :P

@Jack
thanks buddy :):) feels good when I see your comment..

@hey seetha err.. callin anna is still required ah???
thanks so much... you can know all abt me thru my blog.. you tell me abt you now.. how s life??? rock on :):)
one confession : I always thought at coll you looked like err.. aamir khan.. now shhhhh this is a secret :):)

Seetharaman Trichur Narayanan Iyer said...

@Preethi,
I am known better as Goofy in online parlance as the profile pic would indicate!
Life for me now is just a desire to hit a Ffwd button to get past the next 2 years. 2 years of (hardly) working in cognizant and now am in Ahmedabad pursuing my MBA and not liking it a wee bit!!
And hey! Thanks for that compliment! Self takes that cheerily :-)

Unknown said...

touching post...convey my wishes to your mom...:)

meteoraqueen said...

Aunty just looks the samee!! :) :)

Kishore Kumar said...

"AND the most charming personality award goes to..." Great blog...Advance wishes and regards to ur mom.....