Friday, February 19, 2010

A reality review

So we landed up outside poornima theatre near lalbagh last Saturday. I felt like watching a Tamil movie. The last one I have seen in a theatre was dasaavathaaram , some 2.5 years back (yeah, no doubts am born a Tamilian, but still confused as to which "state" of India my loyalty should lie as many states have equally sheltered me). My friends told me Tamil Padam was screening there. But lo.. to our disappointment it was some new Vishal movie ( err.. I hardly know the actor so did wanna spoil my whole weekend grumbling about the lost money and time over a not-so-familiar faced movie I just realise I have not mentioned about the actress, but trust me, in Tamil movies it no longer matters). So we were hoping against hope hopen to get tickets for MY NAME IS KHAN and we got the breakthrough :) yeah we were a group of six lucky bums :). SRK has actually acted in the movie, and not his usual choco boy self. I still cant believe it is the product of a Karan Johar creation after KANK and other family so called sentiment stuff. It just goes way way over my head. Kajol is stunning and you keep mumbling a secret prayer to god that he should imbibe at least 10% of kajolness in you when you are forty. Story line- Powerful. The actual trauma and pain felt by Muslims post 9/11 cannot be better depicted. SRK's asperger syndrome wants you to have some of it, to make a world a better place to live in (well, think over it, it makes sense). Kajol's role in the second half got irritating and tit-for-tat attitude kind. But SRK was paradoxical to her. Costumes- Simple yet elegant. I loved SRK's reebok shoes :) On the whole, if you are in a not so crazy and party mood and want a change in you (I mean it, this movie has made me 'think global, act local') go for it :) So my judgement, its not a movie, but A REALITY.

5 comments:

Hemanth Potluri said...

me to watched it preetz but it could have been better if its not for the killing and things...well in reality there muct be more worst situations...

urs..hemu..

Anonymous said...

Kind of agree! :)

Jack said...

Preeti,

Read 2 posts now. I am yet to see this movie. Hope to see it soon.

Take care

Sree said...

Reality indeed!! I liked SRK's "Acting" :)
So you are back in Bangalore?
Waise an award awaiting for you, at my space!! :)

Bharathi Mohan said...

I hope I took u to a good movie..