Monday, April 26, 2010

I am the most peculiar creature of all.... I always want for what is not...:)

Let me quote a few day to day instances I have witnessed that stands testimony to my title.

1. My sister had come to Blore from hostel for two days. Her AIEEE entrance exam center was here. She was a hosteler for two years. So dirty plates in middle of room is culture, clothes all over bed is way of life, crumpled bedsheets is 'cool' and to top it all, her dead cells greeting me every time I take my comb is 'fun'. Now that I am err.. professional and organised (forgetting my four years of history at hostel) I cribbed fired and fired and fired her every single time. for every single thing. Now that she has gone home to my parents', I miss her. I love her despite all her shabbiness and yearn for her (yeah, dirt comes free, I understand). I need my sister when she is not, I am the most peculiar creature of all.

2. "Preeti, I am on leave tomorrow", when these heavenly words are uttered by my boss, my joy is boundless. The same joy that Obama has when Bush invites him for a dinner date, the same joy that Aiswarya Rai Bachchan has on actually 'acting' and getting appreciated, the same joy that Harbhajan has when Sreeshanth hugs him..get the joy thing now right? But when the day at office dawns, and people wait like a pack of hungry leopards to pounce and tear you with questions, document details, technical clarifications, site problems, motor ratings and the list goes on.. The balloon of joy gets deflated at an exponential rate. I need my boss when she is not, I am the most peculiar creature of all.
3. I Love the weather when it is bright and sunny. So Mr. sun shows me extra love , more and more each day. So I need to tell him NOT to be over giving. But no, Mr Sun never listens and shines till 50 deg C. Then suddenly it starts raining. Cats and dogs. My laundered clothes get a second free wash. I curse Mr Sun for betraying me. I am the most peculiar creature of all, I always want for sun, when he is not.
This post shall be updated till time eternal..

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think most of us are like this... so nothing peculiar as such about you...

Jack said...

Preeti,

These are facts of life. You are absolutely normal as any of us. And the way you put it across bring smile.

Take care

Nikhil Menon said...

hehe.. me likes dirty gals.. :P Jus not kidding! :D

But then,everyone's peculiar in their own sense girl..Like,I could make a whole list of stuff that would me perfectly weird.. :D

Love,
Nikhil
www.madrascentral.wordpress.com

Vintage Obsession said...

indeed facts of every day mundane life :-) which all of us out her face :-) have a happy week end :)

saravana babu said...

gal u need some lessons on point 2

Richa said...

;P I knew you were peculiar since day one. That is why we bond ;p

But we all are.. in our own different ways :)

Love.. maaaaaahhh.... miss you :)

Preeti said...

@all
thanks for visiting!!:)