Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A dead letter...

Dedication: this post is dedicated to Keshi, whose post inspired me to write along these lines . I have written this post in five mins, truly madly deeply from my heart :)

Dear Amma,
Can you believe it? I really cant..It all happened too fast. But please don’t cry. Every time you do, I bite your plump pink nose and make you laugh. No one else can do that anymore. And don’t you dare give my patent of nose-biting or ear-holding and sleeping to anyone. You really mean a lot to me. My last wish- DO NOT BURN me.. what if it hurts? I have been always scared of fire and what will happen to me after death..You bury me (please for once be an iconoclast against your father-in-law,remember it is my last wish). I need to be dressed in my favorite black Reebok t-shirt I am wearing since 12th grade, and my floral shorts J. Please bath me in Nike deo (in case I sweat,err..forgot dead don’t sweat,anyways..).No flowers on the coffin please.. I want chocolates instead. And entry to my funeral is restricted strictly to you, appa, priya and friends. I don’t want people who shed crocodile tears to come. I want who loved my craziness, knew my insanity, touched my heart and who will miss me now on..
I have never had any dark/hidden part in my life from you. But there are a few petty things that I want you to know now, even though it doesn’t matter anymore. Your daughter is not a teetotaler as you think her to be. I have tasted beer once and had a puff once. I tell ya, didn have to inclination to do again since the taste was even more horrible than the sambhar I cook :). I had a crush on the cute little paper boy who comes to our home everyday. I always secretly wished I were a few years younger or he were a few years older.. I even had … er… not-so-printable fantasies with him.
I have always secretly hid my earrings and told you they are lost. I don’t like earrings ma. Don’t forget to remove them before my burial.
DO NOT donate or dispose my tissues that my friends write every time after a hangout, or the letter my childhood friend Viju’s written, or my book collection or my old slippers/shoes.. I know they litter my room, but now no problem since you’ll have to arrange them only once J
DO NOT wear that dark green Saree with pink border. You look too old.. Remember though you crossed forty you are still hot and sexy??:)
Incase you feel bored just gimme a tinkle… I will let you know my blue abode’s number soon. Chal gotta rush.. I have a dinner date with Krish, I am nervous.. But I know..I ll become his favorite gopika sooner or later.
Yours,
Eternal Preetu


PS: I love you.

13 comments:

Celestial devil said...

You're really crazy,chirpy,fuzzy,whizzy and Idiotic:p
Wonderful post yaar..Really.

Anil Sawan said...

pretty, niceee!!

even being eternal u r tooooo modest!! dinner date with krish and being his gopika :P

Nikhil Menon said...

Well,I do not understand the reason for a dead letter first up,and what is its need to be written to ur mom..?? anyways.... :)

Take care sisso.. and best wishes.. :P

Nikhil

Keshi said...

girl u made me cry! yes its the first time that I wept so loud reading ur blog. :) *HUGZ* ty for doing this and I cud easily say it came straight from ur heart!


** need to be dressed in my favorite black Reebok t-shirt I am wearing since 12th grade, and my floral shorts J.

very stylish! I love that attire.


**I even had … er… not-so-printable fantasies with him.

haha dun we all hv such secrets. Im glad u came out with it. that will make ur rents smile Im sure :)


**I have always secretly hid my earrings and told you they are lost. I don’t like earrings ma. Don’t forget to remove them before my burial.

thats so v cute! LOL! Im the opp. I love earrings..actually thats the only kind of jewellery I like on me. I hate chains n bracelets. I hv always told Ma to put my fav earrings on me if I go b4 her.


**I have a dinner date with Krish

awww..is that a friend? I hv such a friend to meet too..on the other side.


That was a beautiful, witty, very Preetzy, and heartfelt letter. I hope u'd never hv to write it tho. HUGGGGGGGGGGZ!

guess what..my cynical letter in my current post was done as a prelude to what my real letter is gonna be...;-) u will see it soon.

TC MWAH!
Keshi.

Keshi said...

And I totally luv this song!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

btw Preetz that letter is up in my blog :)

Keshi.

Unknown said...

mee dont understand anything....:(

Joy said...

pretty ..Good post...very impressive.. Hope this letter dont reach ur mother now...

long live!!!

Preeti said...

@celestial devil
my pleasure you liked it :):)

@sawan
he he .. cheers buddy :)

@menon
read keshi s blog.. and mom s most precious to me so thought of remembering her last :)

@keshi
all I can say is I love you, your blog and your comments here :):) keep coming okie???

@ram
:):)

@joy
:):)

Jack said...

Preeti,

Nice from the heart. We would love to see you around for a long long time. Krish can wait for his favourite Gopika.

Take care

Keshi said...

Preetz I hv to thank u for u'standing my intentions w.o. seeing it as some bad omen. Cos I see most ppl fear death and think of it as some bad thing to write a letter like this. but u saw the bigger picture clearly and for that I hv to be thankful to ya.

*HUGZ* may u hv a long life! :)

TC
Keshi.

hashim said...

well written

Anonymous said...

hahaha... nice one preeti.. date.. u forgot and ditched