Friday, November 5, 2010

Shivaganga - Muuuuaaahhhh :)

So, we the random group of ten wanderers went to this awesome place called Shivaganga. Four bikes and a car transported us there.It is some 56 km from Bangalore, on NH-4, Tumkur road. A great spot for trekking, provided you've struck a deal with rain gods. A picture speaks mightier than a 1000 words. So feast on...

The group of ten starting from my place at morning 6 23 a.m. Yeah, you read it right, I woke up.


Me on the bike with Korr, a great rider :)


 View of the plains and rocks from half way through the top.


Befriending the clouds.

Photography novice click



Vikram at his best. A true marvel of a photograph.

Green green everywhere. 


Pseudo Eminems :)


A random click 


From the top.


One of my favorite pics. 


Not pretty much fond of masonry structures. Nevertheless.

Relaxing at the peak after the four km long uphill trek.


There was this one temple where you need to put your hand in a pot like thing. A water column will be vibrating within it. If water touches your hand, you are a blessed soul, else you are up to no good. My question: Do I need drops of water to tell who I actually am? 
In a nutshell, it was one of the best trips I have had, despite the continuous drizzle, slippery rocks and wet shoes.

10 comments:

Bharathi Mohan said...

Some other better photos could have been uploaded...

Preeti said...

@Bharathi
CHIIIII Pa :)

Vicky said...

Hi!

Thanks for the mention..

Shd have mentioned my name in one more place(WHO WOKE U UP???)

I don't wanna blame the rains, for I loved it. (Also the sight of u shivering ;) It definitely gave a soothin climate for the ascent.

Somethin that struck me was the monkeys, n how ppl were runnin away and yelling in fear. It did feel so odd as they were common visitors during my days at IITM.
Enna adichidathe.. I think some more interesting pics were there in the collection (supporting Bharathi ;) ) like Hashim sittin on the reverse for a photograph.

Anil Sawan said...

luks like a nice ride :)

Amrit said...

Seems like a good trip you had

Karthik said...

Nandi kaadula edavadu sonna palikkumaame? :p

Nikki said...

Awesome photos. You guys sure look like you had fun.

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice pics! 3, 5 and 7 I liked.

Jack said...

Preeti,

The photographs made me feel that I was the 11th person. One should have faith in ownself and God. All other things pale in front of this.

Take care

Preeti said...

@Vikram
:)

@sawan
You bet it did..

@A
true :)

@karthik
sollirken.. poruthu paapom :)

@Nads
Thanks for dropping by :)

@chandrika
thanks dear

@Jack
True jack.. thanks for visiting.. and sure will call you too to join us next time..