Friday, June 18, 2010

where are the clothes?


So the other day I was in WESTSIDE desperate to buy a kurti. My boss' daughter's marriage was in a couple of days. I just grabbed a few with no green green or pink or yellow or orange on it. Wanted to try at least one from each size as I feel I have grown pretty much horizontally (nowadays, as the sun sleeps till 7 30, preeti follows suit). There was a long queue outside the trial rooms. Pretty much the same size as in ration shops for buying kerosene. Finally after some twenty minutes, I was bum kissing just one lady before me. She tried on one beautiful looking kurti.

She(after coming out of trial room to show her guy/husband/god-knows-who): Kya yeh thik hai? (Is this looking good?).

He: haan, par thoda loose hai (yeah good but little loose).

Trust me there was just enough space for her to move her hands 90 deg to her body more than that then , better watch it babe.Then she tried something more skinny, her tummy threatening to explode any moment (cant blame her, climatic effects of Bangalore). After about seven such dresses she finally chose one. I really wonder if she is still alive , as the dress was holding her breath.
My point is western clothes need not be provocative. You need to radiate dignity and elegance, however dressed you are. People do not realise that there is just a hairline difference between looking sexy and looking vulgar. And if you really want to spend a fortune on such non existent and invisible clothes, you need not go to malls, please come to me.Two hand kerchiefs each worth Rs 10 shall do the job.

err.. by the way did not buy anything for myself. Went to the wedding in uniform :) directly from office. Safe, best and soft on wallet too.


11 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

Yeah,I heard tht female scream out to her hubby..dint notice all the details though.. :P

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

Do u like those square necked kurtis Westside is so full off?

Yes any dress should radiant dignity and comfortable.

google dimpy mahajan and check if that wasn't the woman you saw :P


hehe office dress me wedding. wow.
I once did a formal clothes me mall hopping.
cheerios :D

pallav said...

hehehheheeeeeee.,,,,,nice....
....n y shud u gift ur hankie,.,,,,u have 60+ @$%$*%^$^(.....donate the dirty ones...lolzzzzzz........

vanilla sky said...

uff these bf choosing clothes for gf thing is disgusting!

Rajeev said...

ha ha ha ha....nice experience and beautiful narration. Probably u don't know but competition is tough to look modern and hot. God bless these girls and the guys who go shopping with them :).

vinny said...

hey u sweets...good to c ur blog after so long ...yeah..there's a thin line between sexy n vulgar n its fun to oscillate between the 2 :)

Jack said...

Preeti,

I fully agree with you that there is only hairline difference between sexy and vulgar dress. One should command respect in whatever dress one puts on and not wolf whistles.

Take care

iselldreams said...

Good observation!
Handkerchief thing cracked me out...lol

Keshi said...

hows u Preetz? :)

Here for a lil while..feels great. Hope all is ok with ya. ty for the msgs in my absence!

TC hun
Keshi.

Sree said...

Haha...u did the right thing!! Boss ki beti ki shaadi thi, not tumhaari :P

Preeti said...

@nik
observation buddy:0 key to entertainment and bakwaas blog posts :P

@amr
i love those. some feel its old fashioned but I feel so important when I am dressed in formal collar kurtis. I feel like a politician :)

@pallav
shhhh... some things are meant to be secrets :)

@vanilla
ha ha :)

@rajeev
so true rajeev.. thanks for dropping by :)

@vinnie
aye aye miss :) thanks for visiting :)

@jack
true. hope these insane girls realise that.

@isel
thanks isel :)

@keshi
I am so glad ou came here. after so long. really missed you and your posts. welcome back hun..

@sree
oye... I just hope I get something wear-worthy atleast in my wedding :)